Junior Certificate Curriculum
Junior Cycle Programme
• CSPE (Civic, Social and Political Education)
• SPHE (Social, Personal and Health Education)
• Religious Education
• Physical Education
• Business Studies
• Art, Craft and Design
• Technical Graphics
• Materials Technology (Wood)
• Home Economics
1. All subjects are available at ; Higher and Ordinary level.
2. Foundation Level is available to students in Gaeilge, Maths and English.
3. CSPE is offered at a common level only.
In Third Year the following process allows students and parents to make informed choices about Senior Cycle:
• Information Evening on Study skills and Course Choices available at Senior Cycle.
• DATs (Aptitude Testing)
• Information Evening on Transition Year and other Senior Cycle Options and Subjects-
• Interviews for Transition Year Programme
• Students are informed of their Options/Programme in a comprehensive booklet and appointments which are arranged with the Guidance counsellor
• Subject to sufficient demand and resources, Management reserves the right to determine on an annual basis the range and level of subjects.